If you know me very well, you’re already aware that I often find spiritual lessons in the things I see in nature. Such was the case with Gigi, the blind sea turtle that lives at Navarre Beach Sea Turtle Conservation Center. Here are just a few things that come to mind when I think of Gigi.
Back To Gigi
I still smile when I think about how Gigi adapted to her new surroundings at NBSTCC. Maybe that’s because she:
- Expects the best from her human rescuers
- Responds to their taps on the side of the pool and to the sounds of voices
- Embraces life by fully chomping down on the whole mackerel she favors for dinner
- Has fun by pulling on the feeder pole to tease her personal butler
- Continues to inspire people to respond to a bigger cause
As I ponder Gigi’s situation, I’m reminded that we can be blessed whatever our circumstances. If we’ll just watch for God, we’ll see that He has a way of showing up when we need Him most. And He wants us to embrace His provision in the same way Gigi accepted her new benefactors and surroundings.
Even more, when things don’t change, He invites us to
- Adapt to our surroundings
- Enjoy ourselves
- Chomp down so to speak on the sustenance he provides.
- Remember it’s okay to be playful
- Laugh and have fun
- Even bask in His blessings.
Wait–especially to bask in His blessings.
I’d love to hear how He’s met your needs.
Who provides for the raven its prey, when its young ones cry
to God for help, and wander about for lack of food?